It’s been a minute…or two…or several months. Finding time to write is hard, or rather finding a way not to write is pretty easy. These last few months have been a whirlwind. Dealt with passing of my father due to cancer (fuck you, cancer!) and then have just dived into work and being a better engineer.
I guess this post will be an update and a committment to get back on the train and update this site more as head into 2016.
I have been at FiveStars for almost 8 months now. In that time, I have the had the honor of working with a great team. Every day, we laugh and have a great time and get a ton done. Some of the things I’ve done, helped with, or learned about:
- implemented a write-thru cache for a resource that created database contention and slowdown
- helped with a read cache for an intensive sql query
- learned how to use AWS, Loggly, New Relic, Sentry, OpsGenie to diagnose site issues
- helped build out our front-end for scheduling promotions
- tons of reading on site performance, db performance